You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Orthopaedic Ward Nurse
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is looking for a Orthopaedic Ward Nurse to join their state of the art facilities in a number of sites across London. They are looking for a motivated, skilled and experienced nurse who is keen to join their team.
Our client is an well respected client who can accommodate 12 patients undergoing non-complex elective orthopedic surgery. Our clients facility has 5 en-suite rooms and 7 patient pod areas.
- Registered General Nurse
- A minimum of 12 months post registration experience
- Relevant experience of recent practice in day surgery orthopaedic patients
- Basic understanding of patient care issues in day surgery
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of NMC professional code of conduct and its application
- Up to date clinical skills appropriate to day surgery
- As a registered nurse you will be responsible for managing a group of patients and delivering a high standard of individualised nursing care to patients from admission through to their discharge.
- Work effectively as a member of the Ward Team to ensure the provision of the highest standard of service delivery. This involves non clinical and clinical staff.
- Maintain excellent communication links across our client and with patients, relatives and carers.
- Accept delegated responsibility for specific activities from the senior Nurse in Charge. This will include participation in clinical audits.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care in line with NMC standards for records and record keeping.
- Administer treatments and care to patients in accordance with hospital policies and Consultant protocols.
- Meet legal and statutory requirements e.g. Health and Safety, COSHH Regulations, Manual Handling and control of drugs
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care and audits within the department.
- Provide support and training to other members of staff, incorporating staff orientation process and procedures and equipment and examination and accept delegated responsibility for specific activities from the senior Nurse in Charge.
- Act as mentor and assessor in the supervision and teaching of junior and unregistered staff.
- Continue to develop clinical knowledge and professional skills relevant to area of practice and assist in implementing changes.
- Personal Development
- Training & Learning
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational health services
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
Make sure you apply today! Interview happening over zoom.