Are you looking to continue your career as a Lead Apheresis Nurse
Our client’s clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where they pride themselves on their values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything they do.
Our client was established in 1932 and have 8 premises located in the heart of London’s medical community. They are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Their main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Specialist areas include General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
- 5yrs post registration
- Minimum of 3yrs experience in apheresis or area of relevance
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiatives, unsupervised
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Flexibility as when required
- Assertiveness with an ability to negotiate
- Experience of working on own initiative, and working within a team setting
- To provide specialist knowledge, expertise and care for patients and donors.
- To provide specialist training within apheresis area as required.
- To maintain the specialist apheresis service in accordance with service requirements, quality management, JACIE and Human Tissue Authority.
- To ensure that the pre-collection donor/ patient medical assessment is complete prior to both autologous and allogenic stem cell collections.
- To provide patient information for apheresis procedures and ensure that informed consent has been obtained.
- Undertake any other projects or duties as agreed with Matron or the Manager of the unit.
- Life insurance
- Private medical cover
- Benefit platform
- Good value restaurant and café
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discounts
- Gym membership discounts
- Annual leave
- Recognising You
- Eyesight tests
- Private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career Development