Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now looking for a Breast Care Nurse to join their well respected hospital just outside of London. They are looking for someone who is skilled, motivated and enthusiastic nurse to come in and hit the ground running.
Our client is charity owned hospital which provides a high level of service to the local community for over sixty years.
- To work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to breast patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with evidence-based practice
- To work closely with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service whilst seamlessly incorporating other centre services such as diagnostics, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- To provide psychological support, information and advice to patients diagnosed with breast cancer
- To provide overall clinical leadership for all breast services
- Assess, implement and evaluate physical, social and emotional care for patients with breast cancer in line with current evidence and both national and local policies
- Be an expert communicator
- Act as the patient’s advocate and key worker
- Ensure all patients understand their treatment options, providing all necessary information in a format suitable to the patients’ needs to ensure informed consent
- Be part of the multi-disciplinary team and communicate with other members to ensure the best care is delivered seamlessly to the patient
- Form and maintain good relationships with consultants
- Assist in outpatient clinics with the consultants
- Play a key role in co-ordinating the patient’s care pathway across different treatment modalities
- Work with the team supporting and developing innovative service delivery in line with evidence-based practice and national standards
- Be an expert within the field of breast cancer, sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the patient pathway
- Act as a role model at all times and in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory pension scheme
- Staff counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised meals on duty