Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Apheresis Clinical Nurse Specialist to join their Cancer Centre in Central London, Marylebone. Their Oncology & Haematology Outpatient department comprises of 22 individual areas for outpatient treatment. It also has two fully enclosed private rooms for outpatients who require extra privacy during their treatment. Their patients attend for day case chemotherapy and related treatments and/or consultant appointments. They have 5 apheresis machines, where donors/ patients attend for peripheral blood stem cell donation.
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Oxford Circus, Baker Street and Regents Park with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
- Independently manage own caseload of patients, providing specialist knowledge, expertise and care for patients and donors.
- Provides specialist training, support and education to colleagues to enable them to become competent in undertaking apheresis procedures.
- Ensure continual optimal care for inpatients, outpatients and their families by communicating effectively with team members, multi- disciplinary team, stem cell/ blood bank laboratory staff as well as Haematology Consultants and their secretaries.
- Ensure that the pre-collection donor/patient medical assessment is complete and participate in Stem Cell Collection Quality meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities in line with the needs and requirements of the service
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- In-depth post registration experience in Apheresis.
- Degree in Nursing, and an accredited Chemotherapy qualification is desirable.
- Season ticket loan for transportation
- Fitness First gym membership
- Private Health insurance
- GP appointments
- Generous pension
- O2 Discount on tariffs