Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruting for a Clinical Nurse Specialist - Colorectal to join their state of the art facility in London. They are looking for a motivated, experienced and skilled nurse to join their hospital.
Our client has 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
- Registered Nurse on Part 1(Adult) of the NMC register
- A minimum of 2 years current experience in relevant specialty at Band 5 equivalent or above.
- To have a recognised qualification in stoma care/be willing to undertake
- Previous involvement in the development, implementation and audit of clinical guidelines and standards.
- Manage specialised programmes of care for patients with chronic disease, i.e. leads/contributes to development of care pathways, clinical guidelines, policies and procedures
- Provide highly specialised advice concerning the care and treatment of identified groups or categories of patients/clients to the multi-disciplinary team as required
- Contribute to strategies designed to promote and improve health and prevent disease within their specific field of practice
- Identify any resources required to meet patient needs
- Empower patients and their families to influence and use available services, information and skills to the full and act as advocate where appropriate.
- Establish and evaluate caseload and workload profiles, reporting any trends or shortfalls to the Lead Colorectal Nurse
- This job description is intended as a general guide to the post, but it may change in line with the needs of the department or at the request of the line manager.
- We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%),
- Private Medical Healthcare
- 25 day’s annual leave
- season ticket travel loan
- Wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services.
- We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.