Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
We are looking for highly motivated, caring nurses who will integrate into a team. Many opportunities are available for your career development including generous course funding and secondment opportunities.
About the Hospital
You will be working with the largest heart and lung centre in the UK and one of the largest in Europe. They are known throughout the world for their expertise, standard of care and research success. You will be part of a workforce that is well diverse and an environment that offers equal opportunities for employees.
- 20 Bedded level 3 Cardiorespiratory ICU
- Leading centre in the critical care of patients requiring advanced cardiovascular support pre and post cardiac surgery.
- Regional ECMO centre
- Specialist critical care services for patients with adult congenital heart disease, advanced lung disorders such as ILD and Cystic fibrosis.
- The only NHS trust in the country with a total artificial heart programme
The hospital has to main sites – one located in Chelsea, West London (Right in the heart of London), The area is well served by the London Underground and bus routes and is close to the amenities of London. The other site is situated in extensive grounds in the countryside just outside London. It is close to the M40, the M25 and within easy reach of Heathrow airport.
You will nurse high dependency and ward patients with acute end stage cardiac and respiratory disease. Patients are supported pre / post heart and lung transplant, with a range of acute interventions including the following:
- Inotrope therapy
- Intra-aortic balloon pumping
- Intermittent hemofiltration
- Ventricular assist devices
You will receive support from the practice education team to ensure that you are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge required to meet the critical care needs of cardiorespiratory patients.
Staff benefits include:
- subsidised childcare facilities,
- occupational pension scheme,
- personal development and training opportunities,
- flexible working and subsidised accommodation is available on both sites.
If you are interested in this position and would like to have an informal visits to view the exciting clinical setting and understand how this experience can benefit your career development, this can be arranged on the day before the interview or before..