Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, a new position has been released for a Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join one of the largest leading private Hospital in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their busy orthopaedics ward.
You will be part of a recently refurbished to an extremely high standard and all rooms are completely to the highest possible specification
You will be working in their 17 bedded ward which specialises in orthopaedics, including spinal injections and surgery and trauma. In addition to this the ward also cares for general surgery and medical patients. It has 17 en-suite private rooms and opens 24 hours a day each day of the week.
- Experience at Band 5 or above in relevant role
- Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
- Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
- Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
- Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
- Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
- Able to use assertive communication skills to achieve collaborative solutions to challenging situations
- Able to conduct audits in objective and efficient manner.
- Acting as a role model and expert clinical practitioner
- Supporting in the day to day operational management of the ward during the night shift
- To assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources
- To undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager
- Carry out planned care for a group of patients.
- Ensure the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based, individualised patient care.
- Assist in performing safe effective care for patients requiring advanced clinical skills.
- Recognise when changes in patients condition occur and take appropriate action.
- Assist in carrying out extended roles to ensure best clinical practice.
- Assist and advise unregistered staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist in the safe transfer of critically ill patients.
- Maintain accurate clinical observations of the patient and act accordingly and appropriately.
- Undertake nursing procedures.
- Have responsibility for the correct administration and custody of medicines according to Hospital policy.
- Assist with the management of distressing and emotional situations
- Have the knowledge and expertise to act appropriately in emergency situation
- Act as the patient’s advocate
- Assess the needs of patients, relatives and carers and provide them with information as requested
- Promote healthy living through health education
- Ensure patients referred to appropriate clinical support team
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards