You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Palliative Care Nurse
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, We are looking fora new Band 5 Staff Nurse to join our Client's Charity funded Inpatient Hospice. The Hospice consists of an 18 bedded in patient unit, a Day Centre and a community team maintaining highest standards of palliative care with in multidisciplinary environment. Services are provided for people with cancer, HIV and other life threatening illnesses and for their significant others.
Patient are admitted to the Hospice Specialist Palliative care In-Patient Unit for assessment, symptom control, terminal care, rehabilitation, respite care and medical interventions from a wide catchment area of the following CCG’s primary care trusts of Westminster, Brent, Camden, Islington.
This role would ideally suit an experienced Palliative Care Nurse from either a Hospice or Hospital Background. You will have previously mentored staff and trained junior members of the team
- Experience at Band 5 or above in specialist palliative care or oncology
- Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
- Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
- Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
- Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
- Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
- Able to use assertive communication skills to achieve collaborative solutions to challenging situations
- Able to conduct audits in objective and efficient manner.
- To maintain continuous high standards of skilled nursing care and professional practice through evidence based practice.
- To promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice
- To act as a role model and expert clinical practitioner. To supervise and teach both trained staff, health care assistants and student nurses.
- To assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources. To recognise the need for personal flexibility within the unit to ensure all aspects of the services are managed safely and effectively.
- To undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager and Deputy Ward Manager.
- To assist the Ward Manager in all aspects of leadership and management of the hospice in-patient unit.
- To assist in the coordination of services provided by the inpatient unit, and to contribute to the day to day running of the service. To assist, where necessary, in the provision of other services provided by the hospice.
- Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers