Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruiting for a Staff Nurse to join their state-of-the-art facility. The Hospice consists of an 18 bedded in patient unit, a Day Centre and a community team maintaining highest standards of palliative care.
Our client is based in St Johns Wood which has a great travel links into Central London, and they have a luxury private Hospital with an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care.
- Experience at Band 5 or above in specialist palliative care or oncology
- Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
- Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
- Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
- Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
- Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
- UK Experience
Main Duties as a Palliative Nurse
- You must maintain continuous high standards of skilled nursing care and professional practice through evidence-based practice.
- You need to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence-based practice
- You will act as a role model and expert clinical practitioner. To supervise and teach both trained staff, health care assistants and student nurses.
- You are to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources. To recognise the need for personal flexibility within the unit to ensure all aspects of the services are managed safely and effectively.
- Important that you undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager and Deputy Ward Manager.
- You need toassist the Ward Manager in all aspects of leadership and management of the hospice in-patient unit.
- Important that you assist in the coordination of services provided by the inpatient unit, and to contribute to the day to day running of the service. To assist, where necessary, in the provision of other services provided by the hospice
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers