Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruiting for a Senior Staff Nurse to join their state-of-the-art facility. Our client is looking for a Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join their 17 bedded ward which specialises in orthopaedics, including spinal injections and surgery and trauma.
Our client is based in St Johns Wood which has a great travel links into Central London, and they have a luxury private Hospital with an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care.
Am I the right person for the Senior Staff Nurse position?
- Experience at Band 5 or above in relevant role
- Demonstrable practice that is evidence based and up to date
- Experience of working with teams, motivating and empowering them to deliver excellent standards of patient care
- Experience of identifying and dealing with risks encountered within own practice.
- Experience of supporting junior / less experienced staff to improve standards of patient care.
- Able to supports less experienced / junior staff to respond to feedback in positive manner setting objectives as required.
- Able to use professional knowledge and experience to influence decision making processes in order to improve outcomes for patients and staff.
- Able to use assertive communication skills to achieve collaborative solutions to challenging situations.
- UK experience.
- Able to conduct audits in objective and efficient manner.
Main Duties as a Senior Staff Nurse
- You will be acting as a role model and expert clinical practitioner
- You must be supporting in the day to day operational management of the ward during the night shift
- You need to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department within allocated resources
- You must undertake delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Ward Manager
- You will be carrying out planned care for a group of patients.
- You need to ensure the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based, individualised patient care.
- You must assist in performing safe effective care for patients requiring advanced clinical skills.
- Important that you recognise when changes in patients condition occur and take appropriate action.
- You will be assisting in carrying out extended roles to ensure best clinical practice.
- You must assist and advise unregistered staff in the delivery of patient care.
- You need to assist in the safe transfer of critically ill patients.
- You must maintain accurate clinical observations of the patient and act accordingly and appropriately.
- Competitive pay for employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards.
Are you looking to apply for this role? Get in touch today!