Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruiting for an Oncology Nurse to join their Hospital which is based North London. You will need to be enthusiastic and motivated to give the patients the best care.
Our client is one the London’s busiest acute hospitals, serving more than 350,000. On average they see 500 patients in A+E, 15 babies are born in the client’s maternity unit; the client see 450 patients in their Inpatients and about 800 people will attend the outpatient clinic.
They have great commute into Central London via train, car and bus making your commuting life a whole lot easier!
- NMC Registered Nurse
- 6 Months experience as Staff Nurse
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Experience in UK
Main Duties as a Oncology Nurse
- You will assess patient care needs and the development and implementation of programmes of patient care and participate in the evaluation of these.
- You need to Carry out all relevant forms of care to designated patients and be able to supervise learner nurses and Health Care Support Workers.
- Important that you care and control of medication and controlled drugs used for patient care, being aware of the systems used for safe administration, the ordering and maintenance of stock.
- You will ensure work with the Trust/unit and ward policies in order to maintain professional, clinical and patient safety.
- Important that acquire the knowledge and expertise to take appropriate action in emergency situations and for personally attending the mandatory/compulsory update sessions.
- You have the in-depth knowledge with practical experience of good hand hygiene and environmental cleaning in conjunction with our client’s policies and procedures
- You must be aware of the principles of infection control and the prevention of cross infection in relation to patient care and the clinical environment.
- You need to be able to communicate basic care information and answer queries to patients, their relatives/carers and the multidisciplinary team members.
- You need to undertake intravenous drug therapy administration following a training programme which will assess the competencies and practical levels required to achieve safe working within Trust policies and procedures.
- NHS Pension
- Season ticket loans
- Discounted Staff Membership to local gyms, including: Fitness First, Aspire Health Club.
- Car Leasing scheme
- Annual staff Appraisals
- Free flu Vaccination