Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client is now recruiting for a Pre-Assessment Nurse top join their state-of-the-art hospital. The Pre-Assessment Nurse will help run the service ensuring safe and effective pre-operative care. The successful candidate will work using Lifebox pre-assessment software.
This position will be Monday – Friday shifts between 8am – 8pm and they are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Pre-Assessment nurse to help run the service ensuring safe and effective care.
Am I right for the pre assessment role?
- Registered Nurse
- Current NMC registration in adult or general nursing
- Minimum of 3 years post-registration in nursing field
- Previous experience in providing nurse led pre-assessment services
- Excellent clinical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Work without direct supervision
- Sound knowledge of current issues in nursing, developments
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in a variety of clinical specialities within an outpatient’s setting
- Confident decision maker
- Computer literate.
Main Duties as a Pre-Assessment Nurse
- Are you working autonomously, completing Pre-Assessment for a caseload of patients, undertaking a targeted history with assessment of past medical, operative and anaesthetic history?
- You need to complete test as per NICE guidelines, interprets and manages the results, and where appropriate initiates relevant referrals to appropriate staff
- You will complete venepuncture, ECG, lung function testing and requesting of x-ray as per policy.
- You need to Identify patients with specific health issues and undertakes relevant risk scoring
- You will demonstrate appropriate review of previous anaesthetic documentation
- You will follow up on outcomes of referrals to ensure fitness to proceed
- You need to provide information about any specific pre-operative instructions, intraoperative care and discharge
- You must identify cultural requirements, communication or other specialist health or social needs
- Important that you liaise with the anaesthetist and surgeon to determine fitness to proceed
- After you will follow assessment, seeks advice where necessary, to ensure the appropriate level of post-operative care can be determined
- You must communicate any special requirements and essential resources to the MDT team
- You will provides verbal and written information regarding the anticipated post-operative recovery, and commences discharge planning and assesses the home support available to the patient post-discharge, and identifies any special requirements to facilitate prompt discharge
- You must liaise with General Practitioners and other Health Professional involved in the patient’s care to arrange treatment plans for patients in preparation for surgery
- Important that you provide support and advice for patients, carers, family and staff
- You need to be proactive in efforts to improve pre-assessment service by escalating ideas and queries to relevant staff
- You must be efficient in time management to manage all patients through the process
- You must maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- You have to promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.
- Competitive pay for employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards.
If you are ready for a new challenge, apply today!