Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, we have an exciting new opportunity for an E grade staff nurse to join the Oncology & Haemotology Outpatient department at one of London’s top non-profit private hospitals.
Their Oncology & Haemotology Outpatient department consists of 22 different areas for patient treatment. It also has 2 fully enclosed private rooms for patients who need extra privacy during treatment. The unit is open from 8:30 till 18:00.
The Hospital is located on the prestigious Harley Street which is home to some of the UK’s top private hospitals and they receive many VIP patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the delivery of high standards of care and service to the patients, & to work within a team to provide assessment and evaluation of care.
- You need to administer chemotherapy and other anti-cancer treatments.
- You will use evidence-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- Important to act as a role model, with a willingness to be a mentor to student nurses and health care assistants.
- You must encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister / Charge Nurses in their absence.
- You must act as role model providing leadership; to be flexible in staffing situations whenever required.
- You will need to use evidence-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- You must comply and be aware of the NMC’s Guidelines for Records and Record Keeping.
- You will need to ensure that all aspects of confidentiality are upheld in relation to patient/employee records in accordance with the Clinic’s data protection policies.
- You will work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team.
- You need to demonstrate flexibility to the daily workload which may be unpredictable.
- You must become proficient in the use of the Clinic’s IT systems
- You need have a working knowledge of Clinical Governance within a hospital.
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Chemotherapy Course from The Royal Marsden or UK-University
- Post registration experience in oncology or in acute medicine.
- Experience in the administration of cytotoxic drugs and relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of oncological conditions, diseases, cytotoxic drugs & therapies, with experience of peripheral/central venous access devices, cannulation & phlebotomy.
- Life insurance
- Private medical cover
- Benefial platform
- Good value restaurant and café
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee discounts
- Gym membership discounts
- Annual leave
- Recognising You
- Eyesight tests
- Private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career Development
- Generous contributory pension
Would you like to apply for this position? get in touch today!