Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, we are delighted to announce our client is now looking for surgical nurse to join their hospital. Our client provides a range of adult, elderly and children services across medical and surgical units. Our client is looking for exceptionally dedicated nurses with drive, ambition and desire to provide care for this group of patients.
Our client is based in North London and has great travel links via Trains, Buses or Cars making your commute that much easier! They have vacancies is the Surgical assessment unit.
- RN Relevant professional development / academic qualification for practice area.
- Experience as a Staff Nurse
- Experience of working within a team E Communication
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of people and understand the importance of the highest standards of customer care
- The ability to communicate with patients on a range of matters
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- You will assess patient care needs and the development and implementation of programmes of patient care and participate in the evaluation of these.
- You need to carry out all relevant forms of care to designated patients and be able to supervise learner nurses and Health Care Support Workers
- Important that you care and control of medication and controlled drugs used for patient care, being aware of the systems used for safe administration, the ordering and maintenance of stock.
- You must ensure work with the Trust/unit and ward policies in order to maintain professional, clinical and patient safety.
- You acquire the knowledge and expertise to take appropriate action in emergency situations and for personally attending the mandatory/compulsory update sessions
- You need to have the in-depth knowledge with practical experience of good hand hygiene and environmental cleaning in conjunction with North Middlesex University Hospital trust policies and procedures
- You must be aware of the principles of infection control and the prevention of cross infection in relation to patient care and the clinical environment.
- You will need to be able to communicate basic care information and answer queries to patients, their relatives/carers and the multidisciplinary team members.
- You will maintain professional portfolio
- You need to maintain clinical study to fulfil professional registration
- You must be aware the requirements of professional practice & the maintenance of NMC requirements regarding registration
- Important that you recognise how nursing research may inform clinical practice
- You must be able to manage the maintenance of an acceptable environment for patients, reporting and taking appropriate action on hazards and faulty equipment
- You need to report incidents using the Trust electronic incident reporting system
- You will be the management of patients about their nursing/clinical needs as directed by the nurse in charge.
- Season ticket loans
- Discounted Staff Memberships to local gyms, including: Fitness first, Aspire Health Club
- Free flu vaccination
- Computershare scheme - discount computers /tablets through salary sacrifice scheme.
- Cycle scheme - discounted bicycles through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working arrangements
- Maternity/ Paternity leave and pay
If this role sounds like something you are interested in, then you are a click away! Apply today!