Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, Our client is now looking for a ACAD Day Surgery to join their Hospital. Our client is one of the largest integrated NHS Trust in the country. They have multiple sites across four London Boroughs where they are delivering community services.
Our client is looking for you to be a dedicated and knowledgeable Registered Nurse and you must be able to provide high standards of care to our patients.
- Registered Nurse (or equivalent dependant on experience
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally ad in writing.
- Able to supervise staff.
- Motivational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Have appropriate knowledge and skills to provide holistic care to patients in a perioperative and day care setting.
- You are to participate in team building/communication exercises so as to develop and consolidate a cohesive and supportive team within ACAD Day Surgery.
- You must ensure good communication verbally and via formal documentation and electronicsources with all members of the ACAD nursing, multidisciplinary team, patients and families to ensure patients receive optimum care.
- Maintain the patient’s right to privacy and dignity at all times and communicates with all colleagues in a courteous and sympathetic manner
- You need to act as advocate for the patient and family
- You must ensure carers/family and visitors are aware of policies, standards/guidelines relevant to the patients care or clinical area.
- You need to work in partnership with the patient and family and other health care professionals incare/discharge planning.
- You are responsibility; be aware and able to locate all policies relating to good working practice within the clinical area and able to adhere to both by self and colleagues.
- You need to recognize the legal implications of nursing documentation therefore maintaining accurate records.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and legible records of patient care in line with Trust policies and NMC Code of Conduct.
- You need to adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct and Trust policies pertaining to patient confidentiality/ the Data Protection Act/Caldecott Recommendations
- You are responsible for developing and sustaining own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness in accordance with CPD requirements and maintain a professional profile
- You need to help maintain a suitable learning environment for staff and act as a facilitator in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and others to develop their competence
- Must be able to develop own teaching skills and participate in staff/student education programmes that develop competence and performance
- Important that you assist in the training and development of Health Care assistants and complete assessors training as required
- You need to act as a preceptor/facilitator/mentor for junior staff nurses / students / learners
- You will be under supervision gain experience and skills in Clinical practice, facilitation, teaching and management (as appropriate
- You need to educate patients and their carers as required where a need has been identified
- You will need to participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities in line with the Knowledge and Skills Framework
- You must attend Trust/local orientation programmes, mandatory training sessions and annual updates.
- Annual leave
- Outer London Payment
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Training and Education
- Health and Wellbeing
- Car Parking
- Places to eat