How much do you enjoy endoscopy ?
If so why not showcase your skills and utilise your abilities in the field to excel yourself woking for one of our most prestigious clients. Make your mark working for one of the nations most treasured hospitals in sloving all simple or complex challenges that healthcare throws at you. Join our client in their amazing, pristine facility and join a tight knit team of healthcare professionals with one goal in mind... to get the job done. Commute through London and experience the wonders of the capital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients.
- Technically competent and clinically effective in assisting with all endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as well as being proficient at intravenous cannulation.
- Familiar with using WHO Checklist, Pre procedure Assessment, and Recovery discharge criteria.
- Promote research based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit where appropriate.
- Contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer care’ and enhance the interface between staff, patients and visitors.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe environment and identification of potential risks for all personnel.
- Take responsibility for individualised patient care acting as the named nurse, using the Meditech nursing documentation for the department.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents.
- Attend mandatory Clinical Update Day, Intravenous Drug Administration (IVDA) and Recognition and Detection (of the patient) at Risk (RADAR) study days.
- Ensure that you adhere to Clinic guidelines and policies and assist in implementing and reviewing them. Be familiar with the Marsden Manual via the Intranet.
- Be technically competent and clinically effective in assisting with endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Be proficient at intravenous cannulation
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team.
- Promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of patients, relatives and colleagues.
- Be familiar with using Safer Endoscopy Checklist, Pre procedure Assessment, and Recovery discharge criteria.
- Be aware of and understand the Sickness Absence Policy, Disciplinary Policy, and Grievance procedures.
- Report any unsafe practice and unprofessional conduct.
- Act as an advocate between the doctor and patient.
- Life Insurance.
- Private Medical Cover.
- Benefit Platform.
- Good Value on site resturant.
- Employee Discounts.
- Gym Memberships.
- Annual Leave.
- To have recent experience of working in an acute setting.
- Recent experience of working in endoscopy.
- To provide evidence of professional development.