Do you want to work within the largest provider of independent healthcare?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced General Nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their Palliative Care team.
Would you like to work a team that Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants? Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
The hospital aims to plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To provide a high-profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals.
- The post-holder will actively participate in the hospitals 24-hour speciality helpline rota.
- To participate in MDT and ensure all patients are discussed to maintain rigorous health and safety standards to ensure all procedures at ward and unit level are consistent with set policies. Adhering to national guidelines, corporate and hospital protocols.
- To ensure a robust communication system is in place to disseminate information to essential staff and outside agencies.
- To ensure all patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, acting as required to address any deficiencies highlighted.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Understanding on workload and shift management.
- Patient and caring approach to customer care.
- 18 months post registration experience.
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan