Are you experienced in Haemotology ?
Our client is looking for a enthusiastc, results driven Staff nurse that thrives within a fast paced / high pressured enviroment and has a natural inclination to exceed expectations in any given task. Join our client and their highly skilled team and become part of a tight knit community / family as they plan to re-shape the medical field.
This state of the art facility is based in West London accompanied by a peaceful, beautiful and picturesque setting additionally assuring your commute to work or your lunches can even brighten your mood.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Records observations accurately in accordance to patient’s conditions (eg. deteriorating patients), interprets, informs the Nurse in charge any triggers, and responds appropriately (eg. NEWS and SBAR).
- Ensure the planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based, individualised patient care to include risk assessment.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients and make changes as necessary.
- Care plans and risk assessments are reviewed in a timely manner as outlined by the Trust Policy to promote health and well-being.
- Assist and advise staff, both registered and unregistered in the delivery of patient care.
- Monitor patients’ progress, ensuring accurate record of all relevant observations and taking appropriate action in the event of clinical incident, e.g. extravasation, adverse reaction, neutropenic sepsis.
- To be competent in undertake nursing procedures, general as well as specific to speciality,e.g. administration of chemotherapy (IV/IT), administration of blood products, venepuncture and cannulation.
- To be competent in the correct use of all equipment used in the clinical setting in accordance with instructions and training, reporting any faults as necessary.
- To be competent in the correct and safe handling/administration of all medicines according to Trust policy that should include chemotherapy and all other intravenous medicines upon completion of relevant training.
- Work towards timely discharge plans and ensure barriers to discharge are identified and acted on appropriately, engaging with other agencies/departments as appropriate.
- Ensure that nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with Imperial College
- Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHNT) policies/guidelines and departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Act as the patient’s advocate.
- Maintain high standards of documentation in accordance with the Trust Policy, which includes using Electronic Patient Records (EPR), developing and/or maintaining computer literacy skills to enable this.
- Continuing professional and career development by a dedicated Theatre team.
- Employee discounts on food and drink, travel, health and fitness, shopping and services.
- Working in a prestigious hospital.
- Being involved in audit research and development.
- Childcare voucher and cycle to work scheme.
What our client is looking for:
- You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
- This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.