Is it time to take your career to the next level?
If so, I am excited to announce our client is now looking for a Ward Manager to join their hospital. Our clients hospital is one of Londons busiest acuite hospital, where they serve 350,000 people.
Our client is based in North London and provides a rane of adult, elderly and children services across medical and surgical units. They have fantastic commuting options for train, car and buses making your journey to and from work a whole lot easier. Our client is looking for a dynamic and motivated senior nurse with proven clinical and managerial skills.
- Post basic nursing qualification in a related nursing speciality.
- Teaching qualification or evidence of ability to teach.
- Educated to degree level or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Significant experience at Band 6 level.
- Experience of working in the acute inpatient setting.
- Experience of implementing change within the workplace.
- Evidence of implementing research into practice.
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- You will need to lead ward/unit team ensuring the maintenance of a high and safe standard of care.
- You have to provide specialist clinical knowledge and practice to patients and carers withinthe department/ward.
- You must use knowledge & nursing skills to support nursing, medical and therapy staff in the provision of the expert care throughout the ward/unit.
- Important for you to undertake aspects of the extended role of the nurse following appropriate training.
- You will be responsible for setting, implementing and monitoring acceptable standards of care for patients within the ward/unit in conjunction with the junior sisters, team members and the multi professional team.
- You must act as a mentor to deputy ward managers and junior staff in order to develop their roles both practically and managerially.
- You need to assess the needs of patients and their carers promptly, ensuring that they receive the highest quality of care and work collaboratively with other disciplines to facilitate best practice.
- Must be able to perform and assist with agreed procedures appropriate to the role and functionof the ward manager within the guidelines set down by our client.
- Important that you need to participate in research, promote nursing research and recognise how thisinforms clinical practice.
- Must work collaboratively with nursing colleagues in order to share good practice and provide equityof patient care.
- You will maintain an acceptable environment for patients, reporting and taking appropriate actionon hazards and faulty equipment.
- You must take care and control of medication and controlled drugs used for patient care, ensuring monitoring systems are used for safe administration, ordering and maintenance of stock.
- Need to ensure staff work according to Trust/unit and ward policies in order tomaintain professional, clinical and patient safety.
- Will have to work with the infection control team to facilitate the training of staff in goodhand hygiene and environmental cleaning.
- Important that you Implement the principles of infection control and the prevention of cross infection in relation to patient care and the clinical environment.
- You need to communicate information effectively and answer queries from patients,their relatives/carers and the multidisciplinary team members.
- Must lead multidisciplinary team meeting on a regular basis and feedback to nursing staff on the ward regarding decisions and agreed care plans
- You will be able to undertake cannulation and phlebotomy following appropriate training and support staff undertaking training.
- Season ticket loans
- Discounted Staff Memberhsip to local gyms, including: Fitness first, Aspire Health Club
- Free flu vaccination
- Compuershare scheme - discount computers /tablets through salary sacrifice scheme.
- Cycle scheme - discounted bicycles through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working arrangements
- Maternity/ Paternity leave and pay.