Are you looking to take your acreer to the next level?
If so, we are delgihted to announce that our client are now recrutiing for a Staff Nurse just like you to come and join thier well renowned hospital which is actually one of London's busiest acute hospitals and they provide a full range of adult, elderly and childrens sevices across medical and srugical disciplines.
Our client is based in North London and they have great travel links into central London for train, bus and car making your commute that much easieer. Our client is serving more than 350,000 people living in Enfield and surrounding areas.
On the 8th of February our client is having a open day for all nurses with some great prizes to win: Chance to win an Ipad, Opporutnity to speak with senior nurses, Intevriew and potentially outcome, nursing times learning, certificate of attendance.
- Working towards a degree
- Mentorship/Teaching/assessing course
- Relevant professional development / academic qualification for practice area
- 6 months experience as Staff Nurse
- Recent clinical experience in General Medical/Surgical or Elderly care setting
- Experience of working within a team
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of people and understand the importance of the highest standards of customer care
- The ability to communicate with patients on a range of matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Assess patient care needs and the development and implementation of programmes of patient care and participate in the evaluation of these.
- Carry out all relevant forms of care to designated patients and be able to supervise learner nurses and Health Care Support Workers.
- Care and control of medication and controlled drugs used for patient care, being aware of the systems used for safe administration, the ordering and maintenance of stock.
- Ensure work with the Trust/unit and ward policies in order to maintain professional, clinical and patient safety.
- Acquire the knowledge and expertise to take appropriate action in emergency situations and for personally attending the mandatory/compulsory update sessions.
- Have the in-depth knowledge with practical experience of good hand hygiene an environmental cleaning in conjunction with North Middlesex University Hospital trust policies and procedures
- Be aware of the principles of infection control and the prevention of cross infection in relation to patient care and the clinical environment.
- Be able to communicate basic care information and answer queries to patients, their relatives/carers and the multidisciplinary team members.
- To manage the maintenance of an acceptable environment for patients, reporting and taking appropriate action on hazards and faulty equipment.
- To report incidents using the Trust electronic incident reporting system
- Management of patients with regard to their nursing/clinical needs as directed by the nurse in charge
- Report to and request advice from the nurse in charge of the ward in regard to patient care when appropriate.
- Ensure that communication is used effectively, both written and verbal, in the interest of patient care and with the multidisciplinary team
- To contribute to the discharge planning of patients informing the discharge team of issues and patient/relative requirements/requests.
- Ensure that the ward patient environment will be well maintained, clean and safe. Report hazards to the nurse in charge acting to prevent further danger to staff and patients
- To be aware of the Trusts Corporate Governance Strategy and how the system directs the Trust with regard to meeting the necessary standards of accountability, financial control, patient and public involvement and the delivery of clinical outcomes.
- To be courteous & helpful to patients, families/carers, colleagues and all users to the trust.
- Have basic computer skills & be able to access patient details and reports via trusts IT system.
- An ongoing commitment to professional development
- Bespoke education and training programmes
- 37.5 hour working week
- Benefits such as;
- Child care vouchers
- Car leasing scheme
- Computershare benefits scheme
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme