Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
Experienced or Newly Qualified, our client is looking for you to join their hospital! Do you work in Intensive care? has it always been your dream? This is the perfect opportunity for you.
Our clients Intensive Care Unit is a purpose-built state of the art 48 bedded unit within one the UK's first £450 million super- hospitals and includes some for the highest trauma survival rates in the country.
- NMC Registration RGN Part 1
- Ability to supervise and teach pre-registration learner nurses.
- Proven professional development.
- Requiment to maintain up to date mandatory training.
- Post registration experience in an acute setting or has had a placement in ICU as a pre-registration student.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Ability to work within a multi-professional team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organisational and analytical skills.
- Accurate physical, technical and mental skills.
- You will be responsible for assessing, implementing and evaluating the care of the critically ill patient.
- Must act as a role model/ mentor and assessor to both pre and post - registration learners and junior staff.
- You will provide teaching and help to promote a learning environment for all staff.
- Must contribute to practice development and the delivery of high-quality evidence-based care.
- You must act as a clinical support nurse in the absence of a senior nurse.
- Essential to work as part of the multi- disciplinary team to provide highly specialised care.
- You will have to take responsibility for the personal care of the critically ill patient within the Intensive Care Unit by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care.
- You must ensure Trust Policies and Procedures are known and followed.
- Important that you assist in the management, care and safe use of specialist equipment. Ensure the availability of supplies in accordance with ICU policy.
- You need to recommend and practice acceptable economies for the promotion of an effective and efficient nursing service.
- Must be able to arrange safe transfer or discharge of patients and plan the patients’ after care with appropriate staff, if required.
- You will have to work within the multi-professional team, implement care programmes / packages.
- You will have to take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients and unit visitors are treated with courtesy at all times and the individual needs of the patients are respected
- Important that you can ensure the safe custody of patients’ valuables and property.
- Must participate and contribute to delegated roles, under the supervision of a senior clinical ICU Nurse.
- You will provide supervision of junior staff as well as support for senior staff in the clinical setting.
- Must refer to and advise other disciplines to support delivery of care e.g. physiotherapists, stoma nurses.
- Will have to provide advice, support and recommendations to other departments on patients care and conditions.
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Facilities
- Personal and Professional Development
- Staff Discount Brochures and Discounts Websites.
- Staff Lottery
If this sounds like somewhere you would like to work! Give us a call one of our dedicated Consultants are here to full fill your needs and find the perfect role for you.