Do you want to work within one of the leading private hospitals in the UK?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an outpatient/Pre-Assessment nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the dynamic Outpatient department.
Since being established in 1983 in London, we have evolved into one of the UK’s largest providers of plastic surgery and cosmetic treatments with a network of 12 clinics nationwide (from Scotland to the South West) and over 50 surgeons and doctors working with us.
We believe that it is our duty to safeguard our patients and ensure that their experience is a positive one. Our mission is therefore, to ensure we design and deliver care and treatments with client safety at the heart of our decision-making. We aim to achieve an exceptional level of client satisfaction by managing client expectations and ensuring their outcomes are as described. This is achieved through only offering high quality treatments and cosmetic procedures, delivered through skilled, knowledgeable and competent staff whom we believe are amongst the most expert in their field.
We take this very same approach time and time again, for every treatment we offer and every medical professional we work with.
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Regents Park, great Portland Street, Baker Street and Marylebone. As well as main line connections to Marylebone and Euston with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 30-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop the pre assessment service in line with TPC policy.
- Be expected to work autonomously and independently, oversee their own caseload including following up referrals and investigations for the more complex patients. Seeking support where appropriate.
- Take an in-depth history from the patient and evaluate previously known health issues.
- Ensure that appropriate pre-operative investigations are ordered and that any abnormal findings are actioned as required in a timely and effective manner to minimise any delays in treatment.
- Implement policies and act in accordance with the decision-making process.
- Keep accurate records as per TPC policy and effective communication. • Have the knowledge and skills to be able to conduct heart and airway assessments.
- Ensure daily cleaning checks are performed and documented.
- Maintain clinic rooms to a high standard of cleanliness and stocked to the appropriate level.
- Undertake chaperone duties.
- Carry out nursing procedures including dressings, removal of sutures etc.
- Carry out diagnostic procedures – such as ECG, swabs, blood tests etc.
- Ensure notes are available and clinic office is updated.
- To assist with various types of minor cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Participate fully as a team member, sharing knowledge and information.
- Demonstrate through a holistic approach to care and day to day clinical issues, an understanding of evidence-based practice.
- To liaise with Surgeons regarding procedures and requirements.
- To assist in pre- and post-operative care of the patient following the procedures.
- To assist in stock control and ordering.
- Flexibility around business requirements.
- Cover the out of hours on call phone according to the on-call rota.
- Follow up care and advice are provided to patients.
- Patient safety is maintained as a key priority, and in line with CQC requirements.
- A high standard of professionalism and standards is always maintained.
- Registered Nurse and/or Operating Department Practitioner.
- Extensive pre assessment experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed history taking
- Extended clinical skill, including venepuncture or wiliness to learn
- IT skills
- Ability to perform physical assessment, airway, heart, ECG.
- Customer service.
- Stock control.
- Experience within the private sector preferable (but not essential)
- Competitive salary
- Career development and sector leading training
- Discounted treatments for you and your family
- Subsidised Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Regular social activities