Would you like to work within an independantly owned non-profit hospital?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced oncology Senior Staff Nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their dynamic nursing team.
If you would like to work with an independently owned non-profit hospital, where they pride themselves on their values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything they do this opportunity is for you. Providing exceptional care since 1932, they have 8 premises where they perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
Within the hospital there is an exciting opportunity for a band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join the Oncology & Haematology Outpatient JACIE accredited team.
The main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and includes an award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
The Oncology & Haematology Outpatient department comprises of 22 individual areas for outpatient treatment. It also has two fully enclosed private rooms for outpatients who require extra privacy during their treatment. Our patients attend for day case chemotherapy and related treatments and/or consultant appointments. We currently have 5 apheresis machines, where donors/ patients attend for peripheral blood stem cell donation.
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Regents Park, great Portland Street, Baker Street and Marylebone. As well as main line connections to Marylebone and Euston with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 30-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To facilitate the provision of a co-ordinated, high quality inpatient service to cancer patients in consultation with the inpatient manager.
- To be able to take charge of the ward as required
- To partake in practice development forums within and external to the Clinic.
- To work clinically and to adhere to the NMC Code.
- Enable clinical effectiveness by mentoring /facilitating junior staff to achieve optimum competence and clinical performance in patient care.
- Registered General Nurse
- Post registration course within this specialist field (such as Chemotherapy Administration)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Oncology Nursing
- Can describe the impact of cancer on patients and their families
- Evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills
- Collaborative skills
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Season Ticket Travel Loan
- A Wide Range of Discounts with Retailers and Services
- Clear Career Development Plan