Do you want to offer outstanding care every time?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced oncology or acute medical Staff Nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their dynamic nursing team.
Would you like to work with an independently owned non-profit hospital, where they pride themselves on their values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything they do? Providing exceptional care since 1932, they have 8 premises where they perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
Within the hospital there is an exciting opportunity for a band 5 Staff Nurse to join the Oncology & Haematology Outpatient JACIE accredited team.
The main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and includes an award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
The Oncology & Haematology Outpatient department comprises of 22 individual areas for outpatient treatment. It also has two fully enclosed private rooms for outpatients who require extra privacy during their treatment. Our patients attend for day case chemotherapy and related treatments and/or consultant appointments. We currently have 5 apheresis machines, where donors/ patients attend for peripheral blood stem cell donation.
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Regents Park, great Portland Street, Baker Street and Marylebone. As well as main line connections to Marylebone and Euston with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 30-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of high standards of care and service to the patients, & to work within a team to provide assessment and evaluation of care.
- Administer chemotherapy and other anti-cancer treatments.
- Use evidence-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- Act as a role model, with a willingness to be a mentor to student nurses and health care assistants.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister / Charge Nurses in their absence
- RN (Adult)
- Valid NMC registration
- 1-year minimum post registration experience in oncology or in acute medicine.
- Experience in the administration of cytotoxic drugs and relevant qualification
- Facilitating support for pre-registration students
- Clinical Governance Framework
- To have evidence of professional development.
- Knowledge of oncological conditions & diseases.
- Knowledge of cytotoxic drugs & therapies.
- Experience of peripheral and central venous access devices.
- Cannulation & phlebotomy
- IT literate
- Articulate in spoken and written English.
- Smart appearance
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Season Ticket Travel Loan
- A Wide Range of Discounts with Retailers and Services
- Clear Career Development Plan