You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - Acute Medical Wards
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
A new position has been released for a Staff Nurse to join one of the leading NHS Hospital in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their dynamic nursing team.
If you want to consistently deliver the fundamentals of patient care and ensure that improvements, we make are sustained in the long term, then we want to work with you. We have full and part time opportunities for Registered Nurses to join us in the Acute Medical Division on the following wards.
Whether you are a newly qualified or an experienced nurse - this is a chance to develop your skills as part of a highly capable team where you’re guaranteed opportunities to learn how to care for patients requiring a variety of nursing interventions.
We expect all our staff to share the values that are important to the trust – being excellent, kind, responsible and respectful – and behave in a way that reflects these.
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Tooting Broadway, Wimbledon park, Tooting Bec and Colliers wood. As well as main line connections to Balham Tooting and Haydons road with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 30-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care, utilising research findings as
• Ensuring that nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with St George’s Healthcare
• policies taking appropriate action in emergency situations.
• Setting, monitoring and maintaining excellent standards of nursing care in conjunction with the
• multidisciplinary team.
• Maintaining personal contact with patients, relatives and carers, being sensitive to their needs
• for courtesy, dignity and privacy and ensuring a friendly environment always.
• As skills develop, managing the ward or department in the absence of the Ward Manager or
• Deputy, maintaining safe staffing levels, ensuring that policies are followed and that the Senior
• Nurse is informed of any problems or incidents that might arise.
• Maintaining accurate and up to date nursing records and ensuring that confidentiality is
• Storing, checking and administering drugs in accordance with Trust policy and NMC
• To work with minimal supervision within all areas of the specialties including wards,
• departments and outpatients if required.
• Communicating with and assisting the multidisciplinary team to promote excellence in the
• delivery of patient care.
• To prioritise own workload and that of other staff ensuring that the ward or department is
• managed effectively.
• To contribute to the local resolution, investigation and follow up action of any informal or
• formal complaints.
• Registered Nurse (Adult)
• Able to achieve band 5 competencies within 6 months of commencing in post.
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs.
• Ability to effectively prioritise workload and patient care needs.
• IT Literacy
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of research and evidence-based practice.
• Able to explain the principles of mentoring and assessing junior staff.
• Understands the importance of developing self and others.
• Understanding of managing resources.
• Understanding of clinical risk
• Demonstrates enthusiasm for the speciality
• Able to evidence the trust values.
• 35 Days Annual leave
• Discounted gym membership
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme and bike purchase allowance
• Free yoga and peaceful mind sessions