You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - Pre Assessments
Our client in Wimbledon is looking for an experienced pre assessment nurse to join their highly experienced outpatient’s department. They offer most medical specialties across the entire patient journey, from initial consultation and diagnosis, through to surgery or treatment and then follow up care and rehabilitation. They pride themselves on the high quality and efficiency of their care and are also known for their great work environment.
The hospital is an independent hospital located opposite Wimbledon Common, and is easily accessible from Central London and the Home Counties. The area is alive with such a variety of restaurants, pubs and bars. And there's lots happening when the tennis is on too. It's also close to Wimbledon Common, with a lake where you can feed the birds on your break or after work.
- Co-ordinate and be responsible for all aspects of the Pre-Assessment clinic;
- The clinical Pre-Assessment of orthopaedic and general surgery patients for both long and short hospital stay admissions.
- Providing a high-quality nursing care, health promotion, and education to all patients attending the pre-assessment clinic.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with Customer Care Standards.
- Nursing Practice
- Ensure that all nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with Parkside Hospital & Pre-assessment clinic Policies.
- Set, monitor and maintain agreed standards of nursing care in conjunction with the orthopaedic practitioner/pre-assessment sister and consultants.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Deliver care in accordance with defined quality standards and in line with recommendations as laid down in the hospital/pre-assessment clinic plan.
- Maintain up-to-date nursing records, ensuring that confidentiality is respected.
- Maximise all opportunities to promote health.
- Use reflective practice as a method of ensuring that appropriate effective nursing care is delivered to each patient.
- RGN with a valid NMC pin and no restrictions
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Up to date clinical and professional knowledge and its application in day-to-day practice
- Health & Safety legislation awareness
- Excellent Customer Care skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Good computer skills
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits
- Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Holidays and travel insurance
- Retail discounts