You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior Staff Nurse Wards
If you are a senior staff nurse looking for a new opportunity scroll no further!
Our client in Highgate is looking to recruit a Senior Staff Nurse to provide high standards of nursing care and to ensure patient safety at all times. The Senior Staff Nurse will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Department in the absence of the Ward Sister and ensure that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered.
Easily accessible from Central London and the Home Counties, the hospital is in the centre of peaceful Highgate, North London. Highgate is a leafy residential area with quaint tea rooms, gastropubs, and fine 18th-century buildings. Novelist George Eliot and revolutionary Karl Marx are among the historical figures buried at Highgate Cemetery. On top of its history, Highgate is known for its parks and woods which are ideal places to visit after work or on a lunch break.
The hospital itself also houses state of the art technology including the following…
- Four operating theatres (2 with laminar flow for Orthopaedic procedures)
- Recovery Unit
- HDU Unit – Level 1 enhanced facility
- 43 luxury en-suite bedrooms
- 11 outpatient consulting rooms
- State-of-the-art Imaging & Diagnostics suite (including CT, Wide Bore MRI, X-Ray, Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy)
- Minor Operations Suite
- JAG accredited Endoscopy Suite
- Onsite pharmacy
- Complimentary onsite car parking (limited)*
- To ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
- To act as patient advocate, ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality are met.
- To report any issues that are identified by patients or their relatives on a timely basis
- To ensure that all provision of nursing care is documented on a timely basis and accurately reflects the patient experience
- To ensure that individual consultant care protocols are followed.
- To ensure a high standard of infection control and the prevention of all avoidable healthcare associated infections.
- To administer all drugs and medications as per the local policies and procedures
- To report to the senior nurses any nursing issues of significance or concern PB/JD/Sept2017 Page 2 of 8
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions that relate to nursing are followed.
- To maintain sound and effective working relationships and communication with all hospital staff and consultants.
- To maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. Professional
- To complete the competency
- A minimum of two years’ post-registration experience within a surgical setting.
- Up to date on current nursing practice
- Ability to plan care
- Ability to manage a personal caseload
- Understanding of on-going professional development requirements
- Good communication skills: verbal & written
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance helpline
- Legal and financial information services
- Health risk assessment
- Retail discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Holidays and travel insurance