You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior Staff Nurse - Surgical
Are you an experienced nurse looking to further your career as a Surgical Nurse?
Our client is a private hospital whose mission is to provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a comfortable and safe environment. They are looking for a Senior Staff Nurse who can always provide high-standard nursing care to ensure patient safety.
The hospital is in the centre of Highgate, North London and are known for their high standards of nursing care and friendly atmosphere which they have upheld since they were established in 1980.
North London offers a great night life and if you like to go to restaurants, they are very close by and if you are a person who enjoys shopping, this will be ideal for you as you are very near to Brent Cross Shopping Centre.
In the year 2011, The hospital was awarded for outstanding excellence in training and this was at the 2011 Independent Healthcare Awards. In 2016 They were also shortlisted for Laing Buisson Awards for nursing Practice Service. They are known for their, high-quality training and for their engaging and friendly work environment.
- To provide high standards of nursing care
- To ensure patient safety always
- To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Department in the absence of the Senior Sister
- To ensure that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered.
They also have high-quality, well maintained facilities which includes…
- Four operating theatres (2 with laminar flow for Orthopaedic procedures)
- Recovery Unit
- HDU Unit – Level 1 enhanced facility
- 43 luxury en-suite bedrooms
- 11 outpatient consulting rooms
- State-of-the-art Imaging & Diagnostics suite (including CT, Wide Bore MRI, X-Ray, Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy)
- Minor Operations Suite
- JAG accredited Endoscopy Suite
- Onsite pharmacy
- Complimentary onsite car parking (limited)
- Up to date on current nursing practice
- Ability to plan care
- Ability to manage a personal caseload
- Understanding of on-going professional development requirements
- Good communication skills: verbal & written
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- A minimum of two years post-registration experience
- You must also be self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Free health screening (after a year of service)
- Private health insurance (after a year of service)