You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - Oncology
Are you currently an oncology nurse passionate about delivering high standards of care at the same time to develop your career? If so, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Our Client is the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital. They are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Oncology Nurse to join their experienced oncology and Haematology Department.
You will be part of a supportive and warm culture, where your experience and efforts are valued as you help contribute to their core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise their belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.
You will be working in their Oncology & haematology department which is comprised of 22 individual areas for outpatient treatment. It also has two fully enclosed private rooms for outpatients who require extra privacy during their treatment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide efficient, effective and evidence based nursing care to patients.
- Competent in the recognition of life threatening, and/or oncology emergencies and act appropriately.
- Ensure evidence based practice is central to the nursing care within the ward, and keeping up to date with current cancer care developments.
- Partake in an education and training programmes, as well as practice development forums, and evaluate quality and impact on service using audit and benchmarking.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- UK University accredited Chemotherapy Course
- Post registration experience in oncology or in acute medicine.
- Experience in the administration of cytotoxic drugs and relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of oncological conditions, diseases, cytotoxic drugs & therapies, with experience of peripheral/central venous access devices, cannulation & phlebotomy.
- Highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication & organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Private Medical Healthcare
- 25 day’s annual leave
- season ticket travel loan and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services
- They also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.