Are you looking for progression as a Medical Secretary?
We are working with a prestigious Clinic in London to find a high calibre individual with an exceptional secretarial skill to provide support to one of their head of department.
This is a rewarding but a challenging role which requires exceptional attention to detail and commitment. You must be able to use your initiative confidently and appropriately whilst maintaining the highest level of patient confidentiality.
The role requires the ability to prioritize and manage workload due to the constant intensity and demands of the position. You must be able to work under pressure whilst continuing to go above and beyond your responsibilities.
• Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
• Demonstrable experience of working in a team orientated office environment
• Excellent typing skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal)
• The ability to communicate effectively across all client groups / stakeholders
• Ability to work effectively in a very pressured / time sensitive environment
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word) and other IT systems
• Self-motivated with the demonstrable ability to prioritise and schedule work independently
• Highly organised and detail orientated
• Flexible in terms of working times and responsibilities e.g. out of hours work may be required with due notice to support Consultant / Patient requirements
• AMSPAR qualification or equivalent (desirable)
• Maintain professional conduct at all times, remaining calm and in control
• Extensive experience in managing a complex and busy practice
• Well-presented and professional individual
• The following is not an exhaustive list and may vary between Consultants and their Secretarial needs
• Providing secretarial support for a Consultant within a thriving practice.
• including occasional audio-typing, verifying letters, emails, post, photocopying, scanning
• Telephone cover/message service
• Organize and run clinical sessions and manage the Consultants diary
• Chasing up patient test results
• Book / amend patient consultations, treatments, procedures and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth process of admissions including pre and post-operative care
• Schedule patient appointments, diagnostics, and surgeries, and send appointment reminders and follow-ups via calls or emails
• Register new patients and ensure that all patient records are kept up to date
• Respond to all written and verbal queries from patients and relatives, escalating to the consultants if required
• Communicate with patients, departments and other medical bodies
• Support Consultants attendance at conferences, lectures, and personal appearances
• Maintain and file accurate records
• Perform database and file system management
• Document and distribute dates of consultants’ leave and medical cover arrangements to relevant areas
• Process patient billing, chasing non-payments and medical insurance claims
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as called upon to carry out by the Patient Services Manager with consultants and other secretaries to ensure the smooth running of the Clinic
• Regularly assessing working practices to identify possible improvements and improve efficiency
• To provide cover for colleagues under the guidance of the Patient Services Manager
• Work together with the Consultant and the Sales team to effectively promote and increase referrals
• Competitive salary range
• Employer matched pension scheme.
• Private Medical Insurance
• Travel Loan
• The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
• A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award-winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
• Be part of exciting new projects to inspire and challenge you.