We are looking for an experienced Electrocardiographer/Clinical Autonomic Scientist to join our growing team at a prestigious Hospital on a FTC to cover maternity leave.
Job title: Electrocardiographer / Clinical Autonomic Scientist (FTC)
Salary: Up to £36,076 per annum, based on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
The cardiology, respiratory & autonomic unit provides a diagnostic service for patients referred with cardiac, respiratory and/or autonomic related disease/conditions and comprises outpatient facilities, inpatient provision, and offers a comprehensive range of non-invasive investigations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading on diagnostic testing: ECG, ambulatory monitoring, tilt table testing and ETT, as well as assisting the consultant-led stress echocardiogram clinics and analysing data. Considerable experience in this area is essential.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, their luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients.
Am I the right person for this Electrocardiographer/Clinical Autonomic Scientist role?
- Experience of using ECGs
- Experience of Exercise Tolerance Testing and Exercise Stress echocardiogram
- Experience of Tilt table Testing
- Autonomic Testing experience
- Experience of effectively dealing with a variety of clients
- An awareness of BSE, SCST and NICE guidelines
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment
What are the responsibilities of this Electrocardiographer/Clinical Autonomic Scientist role?
- To participate in diagnostic investigations within own skill-base
- to act as an independent practitioner without direct supervision on a variety of diagnostic testing
- To ensure that patients and, where appropriate their relatives or representatives have a clear understanding of procedures to be undertaken.
- To implement quality controls and assurance
- Perform the full compliment of cardiology investigations namely, ECGs, Holter monitoring, ECG event monitoring, BP monitors as well as analysis and interpretation of results and take appropriate action (as required).
- To perform Exercise Testing, medically unsupervised/physiologist-led with or an ALS certified physiologist.
- To perform venepuncture and cannulation
- Communicate complex cardiology results to consultants.
- Communicate all test procedures and other related information to patients
Why apply for this role as Electrocardiographer/Clinical Autonomic Scientist?
The Hospital provides its employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers