You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Do you enjoy working in the anaesthetics phase of care?
Then grab the bull by the horns and grasp on to this opportunity as our client is looking for a skilled anaesthetics practicioner to join their team in tackling the day to day challenges in the world of Theatres. Join our client and their excellent team of Nurses and other healthcare professionals and have the full support of them behind you. Work closley with a tight knit team and family in the Centre of the Capital. Ride a bike, get a bus or a train, whatever your commute entertainment will not fall short. Take in the full experience in the Heart of the country while watching street buskers perform and eating food delievered by the multi-cultured population of the city. Weather its indian, african, japanese or spanish... Central london will not dissapoint.
Duties and Resposibilities
- Work as a skilled member of the anaesthetic team, providing the highest standard of patient care, whilst providing assistance and support to the anaesthetic Physician.
- Carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures, contributing to quality improvement, and promoting best evidence based practice.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and stock managed to ensure economical use of all resources.
- Liaise and communicate with HSDU, recovery, theatre staff and floor nurses to facilitate a good and smooth patient care.
- Ensure a welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for our patients, customers and visitors.
- To carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures under the control of the person in charge, reporting any difficulties or concerns.
- To provide the highest standard of patient care and provide skilled assistance and support to the anaesthetic physician in he anaesthetic area/room.
- To ensure and ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for patients, customers and visitors
- To ensure that the safety, privacy and dignity of the patient is maintained at all times throughout the perioperative phase
- To participate in the on-call rota as required to support the anaesthetic service
- To liaise and communicate with HSDU, recovery, theatre staff and floor nurses to facilitate smooth patient care.
- To check and record controlled drugs daily, in accordance with The Clinic’s policy and NMC/HPC professional documents.
- To ensure that anaesthetic equipment is checked according to policy and recommended good practice, and to ensure that the anaesthetic room is stocked and cleaned after use and CD drugs are checked.
- To remove from service any equipment for planned preventative maintenance or repair of fault in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To maintain effective communication skills with patients, consultants, colleagues and senior staff.
- Life Insurance.
- Private Medical Cover.
- Benefit Platform.
- Good Value on site resturant.
- Employee Discounts.
- Gym Memberships.
- Annual Leave.
- NMC or HCPC registration (RGN or ODP).
- Recognised anaesthetic course.
- Proven experience in an operating theatre environment with relevant experience in anaesthetics.
- An excellent understanding of the perioperative needs of patients and customers.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and flexibly as part of a team.
- Highly motivated individual who is Punctual, adaptable and continually maintains a professional image.