You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Do you want to work within one of the best theatre department teams in the UK?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced anaesthetic theatre nurse to join our leading private hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our dynamic theatre department.
Our mission is to provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families. We make sure we deliver excellent customer service with a smile and create a great first impression while making all patients and guests feel welcome.
Our commitment to delivering high quality healthcare, continuous improvement and innovation is reflected in the numerous awards and quality accreditations gained by the hospital. We are a great place to work and our team are empowered and enabled to deliver exceptional healthcare to our patients.
Our hospital is close to tubes stations including Southfield and Wimbledon Park and mainline connections to Wimbledon. With attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 40-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their peri-operative phase of care.
- The ability to co-ordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the peri-operative phase of care and during the immediate post-operative phase of care as required.
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate post-operative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate Aspen Healthcare policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to a legible standard.
- Act as a role model.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
- The post holder will take responsibility and ownership of their professional development plan
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and evaluate work carried out by self
- Establish and maintain effective communications within the department
- Adhere to Aspen Healthcare policies
- Work under the direct supervision of the Senior Theatre Team
- Participate in regular meetings of the Peri-operative Team
- Participate in mandatory and e-learning training programmes
- Participate in standards and quality improvement procedures
- Participate in audits
- To comply with Parkside Hospital and departmental policies to provide a safe and effective environment for both patients and staff
- Commit to the Parkside Theatre Peri-operative Environment’s philosophy of care
- Support HCA’s in their role
- Contribute towards maintaining a cost-effective service
- Contribute to the implementation of change management
- Always maintain confidentiality / Data Protection Act and
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Retailer discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance helpline 24/7