Do you want to work somewhere that wants to make a difference?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced Anaesthetic theatre to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their dynamic theatre team.
Would you like to work with an independently owned non-profit hospital, where they pride themselves on their values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything they do? Providing exceptional care since 1932, they have 8 premises where they perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
The main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Specialist areas include General surgery, ENT, Gynaecology, Hepatobiliary, Neuro-spinal, Ophthalmic, Orthopaedic, Plastic and reconstructive, Robotic, Urology, Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
As part of the multidisciplinary team the post holder is responsible for the assessment, evaluation and implementation of care given to patients in theatre and the anaesthetic room without supervision. To support the anaesthetist during anaesthesia and deputise for the team leader as and when directed.
The hospital is close to tubes stations including Regents Park, great Portland Street, Baker Street and Marylebone. As well as main line connections to Marylebone and Euston with attractions and social life such as madame Tussauds London, London eye and the Shard all within a 30-minute travel. You will be surrounded by some of London’s great sights.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working as a skilled member of the anaesthetic team, providing the highest standard of patient care, whilst aiding and supporting the anaesthetic Physician.
- Carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures, contributing to quality improvement, and promoting best evidence-based practice.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained, and stock is managed to ensure economical use of all resources.
- Liaise and communicate with HSDU, recovery, theatre staff and floor nurses to facilitate a good and smooth patient care.
- Ensure a welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for our patients, customers and visitors.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC/HPC
- Recognised anaesthetic course
- 2 years anaesthetic experience
- Knowledge of anaesthetic needs of patients and customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to cope in sensitive and challenging situations
- Flexible approach to working arrangements with good timekeeping
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Season Ticket Travel Loan
- A Wide Range of Discounts with Retailers and Services
- Clear Career Development Plan