T2 Healthcare are looking for a Senior Clinical Cardiac Physiologist to join our clients talented team!
To undertake a range of non-invasive Cardio and Respiratory investigations as detailed below, and to maintain a high standard of technical skill, efficiency and patient care in accordance with departmental protocols and procedures. The job holder should demonstrate in depth experience, be able to work independently and to lead Stress Treadmill.
- Ambulatory ECG Monitoring and Tape Analysis
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Resting and Exercise ECG, and to lead stress test without medical supervision
- Comprehensive profile of Full Lung Plethysmorgraphy testing, Reversibility and Transfer Studies
- To perform a range of Cardiology and Lung Plethysmography tests and to lead Exercise Treadmill
- To work within the Cardiology team to deliver the highest standards of care and service to patients and referrers. This includes the appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of activities in keeping with policies and procedures.
- The post holder will provide a high level of technical expertise in a physiologist led environment
- To provide an efficient service and to ensure that patients remain in the department for the minimum possible time, consistent with satisfactory clinical, technical requirements and patient experience is positive.
- To liaise with Consultant Cardiologists, Respiratory Consultants and referring clinicians, nursing colleagues to ensure that relevant information of the patient in your care is communicated.
- HTEC / BSc in Clinical Cardiology and Respiratory or equivalent
- ARTP or equivalent
- ASCST or equivalent
- Intermediate Life Support training
- To have a minimum of two years post qualification experience in Cardiology and Respiratory
- Worked in NHS and private healthcare organisation
- Of working with related cardiology, respiratory equipment and their software
- Extensive knowledge of routine and complex cardiology and respiratory techniques
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, national standards, professional and other guidelines associated with Cardiology and Respiratory
- To have knowledge of current trends and developments in cardiology, respiratory equipment and techniques
- To have a good understanding of the concept of CPD
- To have knowledge of QA programmes
- Of working with a wide range of cardiology, respiratory medical equipment and their related software
- To have a wide range of clinical skills in cardiology and respiratory measurements
- To have excellent written, keyboard skills
- To be effective in verbal communication and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- To be familiar with computerised patient information systems
- To be articulate, diplomatic, flexible and calm
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Caring and compassionate
- MSc in Clinical Cardiology or relevant advanced postgraduate qualification to Masters level
- To have experience in sleep studies
- To understand the Quality and Clinical Audit process
Get in touch today to secure this role!