Do you want to work within the largest provider of independent healthcare?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A new position has just been released for an experienced scrub nurse to join one of the leading Private Hospitals in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of their advanced Theatre department.
Would you like to work a team that Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants? Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs. Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues.
The hospital aims to plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To have shared responsibility for the leadership and operational management of the Theatre Department.
- As a skilled member of the senior theatre team, to deliver and ensure that standards of patient care are always consistently provided and maintained in accordance with agreed operational policies
- To assist with the management of the theatre department under the direction of the Clinical Service Manager: Theatres.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and leading a team of staff in Theatres to deliver skilled and high-quality peri-operative care.
- Check Operating lists and booking forms in advance to organise any special equipment required. Liaise with Consultants and companies to ensure correct instruments and implants and equipment is ordered and received
- Appropriately allocate staff to meet the activity. This will involve looking at the off duty, working closely with staff and making changes when and where possible.
- To book and effectively utilise bank and agency staff ensuring minimum use of temporary staffing.
- Plan and organise operating lists with Consultants and secretaries
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties with theatres
- To work within the role of Advanced Scrub Practitioner with extended skills
- To participate in the theatre ‘on call rota as required
- To teach, nurture, supervise and co-ordinate the work of junior staff.
- To take responsibility for all theatre activities as required.
- Mentorship in Practice or equivalent
- Experience in a senior theatre role.
- Experience in orthopaedic, gynaecology and general surgery at a senior level
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the Operating Theatre
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum