Are you looking for a new role at the moment?
If so, our client is looking for a Registered Nurse - Ward to join thier brand new hospital. They are looking for experienced, motivated and skilled nurse to come in and hit the ground running.
Our client is currently putting the final touches on their brand new Ambulatory Surgical Unit which will be opening shortly and will have a 9 bedded day case ward.
- Registered Nurse
- Current and relevant experience as a surgical nurse
- Able to communicate effectively with patients/relatives/carers and all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of supervising HCAs
- Able to organise and manage own/others workload to meet care requirements within boundaries of role
- Able to work on own initiative and flexibly across 7 days a week when required.
- To demonstrate sound knowledge and high standards of clinical practice in the field of surgical nursing.
- To ensure all patients are treated with dignity, respect and equality.
- To be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to discharge.
- To act as an advocate for patients, ensuring patients’ views are taken into account in the decision-making process.
- To provide general and specific pre-operative health screenings to patients (within agreed protocols), and with referral to other clinicians as necessary.
- To consistently deliver excellent communication skills enabling patients and their family/carers to understand their condition, management and discharge.
- To provide advice and information to patients and their family/carers about post-operative care management, how to adopt healthy lifestyles, and look after their own health and wellbeing.
- To ensure patients are effectively monitored and that appropriate action is taken to manage any arising complications or emergency situations with composure, seeking immediate support, as required.
- To ensure the safe and appropriate storage and administration of medicines to patients.
- To ensure compliance with all procedures relating to the collection, storage and dispatch of pathological specimens.
- To ensure the environment is kept clean, safe and tidy and participate in the maintenance and decontamination of medical equipment.
- To ensure all patient records and associated documentation is accurate, contemporaneous, complete and processed as per OSD Healthcare requirements.
- To participate with other team members to ensure the effective maintenance of equipment and stock levels relating to patient care.
- To supervise, mentor, support and educate less experienced and non-registered staff in the clinical practice setting.
- To maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- To act as shift leader or deputise for the Ward Manager, as required.
- Competitive salary offered
- DBS check paid for
- Eye care vouchers
- Discount on high street retailers/Bourne Leisure Holidays/Snow Centre (Hemel Hempstead)/local gym/Hollywood Bowl discount
- EAP Service (Health Assured) and staff health membership scheme (with free GP/dental appointments.)
- There is also free parking on site