You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Part-Time Speech and Language Therapist
Are you looking to work as a Part-Time Speech and Language Therapist?
Our client based in Greater Manchester are currently looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to help the Hospital provide the best care.
Our client is committed to a philosophy of valuing people. There is an expectation that all staff will contribute to providing a safe and secure environment and will treat patients, visitors and individuals with respect always.
- To be registered with HCPC
- To have experience of managing a caseload involving assessment and treatment of dysphagia
- Experience of working with families
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development
- To demonstrate specialist skills in dealing with complex cases, cultural and linguistic differences, and to generate appropriate strategies for caseload management.
- To be involved in undertaking audit and contributing to research in the provision of treatments.
- To provide specialist assessment, differential diagnosis and appropriate, clearly planned SLT intervention and discharge planning for people with a wide range of disorders within the service, in line with empirical research and RCSLT Clinical Guidelines.
- To demonstrate specialist knowledge in the areas of acquired communication and swallowing disorders underpinned by current evidence-based practice.
- To adapt assessment and intervention techniques to the needs of the individual people, including the use of augmentative and alternative communication systems.
- To contribute to the assessment and information-gathering regarding service users’ mental capacity and ability to give informed consent with support from senior colleagues, and to assist service user's to maximise their independence in decision-making and communicating their wishes.
- To work closely with all appropriate agencies and multidisciplinary colleagues to ensure comprehensive management of service users’ SLT needs, providing written and verbal reports as appropriate, enabling all parties involved to fully understand the nature of the service user's communication and swallowing disorders.
- The equivalent of 25 days of annual leave, 8 bank holidays– plus your birthday off.
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package