Are you looking for a new challenge ?
We are currently working with a Healthcare provider in Essex. They are looking for an expereinced to clinically assess prospective Service Users of the Company and to provide clinical review. To work in participation with all clinicians who are involved with residents and support the development of individual care plans and risk assessments. To assist in the recruitment, auditing and on-call procedures for the company and lead on any clinical training.
To professionally lead the care team ensuring that a safe, effective, and efficient care service is maintained which meets the needs of residents. To comply with clinical governance framework and activities related to it including participation in the clinical audit process.
Key Tasks: Clinical Lead
• To provide clinical supervision for staff on an individual and group basis
• To regularly audit Care Planning and risk assessment procedures throughout the organisation and provide feedback to Home Manager
• Positively, fully support and implement the decisions of the Home Manager
• Create and uphold an open, positive, and inclusive management culture
• Participate in the development of the Company’s policies, particularly those that relate to clinical issues within the service
• Participate in the evaluation of the Company against agreed organisational and clinical goals as well as business and quality objectives
• To clinically assess potential service users
• To provide on-call management support at evenings/weekends on an agreed rota basis
• Keep up to date with the latest care and treatment methods within the specialist clinical fields that the organisation is registered to deliver
• Safeguarding - Identify issues relating to an individuals’ condition and vulnerability and to support care planning and risk assessments
• To analyse any incidents of difficulties involving residents in the context of a persons’ clinical condition, in order for necessary adjustments to be made
• To attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and contribute to the modification of Care Plans
• To conduct formal training needs analysis in the context of the clinical specialism
• To develop bespoke educational training programmes for staff. This will include face to face delivery and development of online training materials and “hard copy” materials
• To participate in formal induction programmes for new staff
• Work with all stakeholders to continually improve relationships and service provision
• To actively display and promote the Company’s Values and Equality and Diversity in the workplace
• Remain fully compliant on all mandatory training
• To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents
• Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as a champion for resident’s safety and dignity
• Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require
• Ensure effective and clearly documented handover systems are maintained to facilitate the effective transfer of information between staff and shifts
• Attend and participate in nurse and staff meetings as arranged by the Home Manager
• Understand the requirements of MCA (2005) and DoLs (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making
• Provide information to residents and relatives in relation to care delivery, being mindful of data protection and Caldicott requirements
• Ensure high standards of record keeping are maintained in accordance with NMC, Health and Social Care Act (2008), Essential Standards of Quality and Safety (2010), CQC requirements and Company requirements
• Report any concerns regarding poor performance or unsafe practice immediately to Home Manager
• Intervene immediately where there is a safeguarding concern or significant risk to a resident and ensure all documentation is completed.
• Maintaining necessary residents’ confidentiality; being mindful of the Caldicott requirements and following the NMC code of conduct.
• Participate in continuous professional development to ensure requirements of the NMC for PREP and continuing registration are met.
• To work as an advocate for excellent Health and Safety working practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Empathy and consideration to individuals and situations
• Open to change
• Champion of Organisations vision and values
• Ability to work on own initiative in a fast pace environment
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities in an effective and timely manner
Our Core Values
P Passion – doing our best all the time
R Respect – listening, understanding and valuing what you tell us
I Integrity – being open, honest, straight-forward and reliable
D Diversity – relating to everyone as an individual
E Excellence – striving to provide the highest quality of support