Our client is looking for an enthusiastic oncology & haematology outpatients nurse.
You will work in the largest private hospital that is investing all of their profits into research and modernisation. Together with your team of professionals, you will deliver high standards of nursing care, making sure the highest level of customer service is delivered to your patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of high standards of care and service to the patients and to work within a team to provide assessment and evaluation of care.
- Administer chemotherapy and other anti-cancer treatments.
- Use evidence-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- Act as a role model, with a willingness to be a mentor to student nurses and health care assistants.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister/Charge Nurses in their absence.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Post registration experience in oncology or in acute medicine.
- Experience in the administration of cytotoxic drugs and relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of oncological conditions, diseases, cytotoxic drugs & therapies, with experience of peripheral/central venous access devices, cannulation & phlebotomy.
- Highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication & organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.