You will be part of an institution whose service is about people; staff, patients, partners and the public.
Their values are a moral compass: Together – Safe | Kind | Excellent – every aspect of work in the Trust sets their standards not just to their patients but to each other as colleagues.
About the hospital
This Hospital is one of the largest and best-known hospitals in the UK. Comprising of two trusts, offering general, specialist, women's and maternity care respectively.
As well as delivering care it is also is:
- a leading national centre for specialist treatment for rare or complex conditions
- a government-designated biomedical research centre
- one of only five academic health science centres in the UK
- a university teaching hospital with a worldwide reputation
- a partner in the development of the Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Division A - The areas that have vacancies are listed below:
You will be part of the Paediatric Recovery team responsible for delivering care across the trust.
This unit has a 10 bedded day surgery ward and a 7 bedded Paediatric Recovery ward. You will also care for children and young people in other areas within the trust.
As a staff nurse in this team you will develop a range of skills, from admitting and discharging day case surgeries, to caring for acutely unwell surgical patients. We pride ourselves on our supportive team, our ability to teach acute skills in A-E assessment and pain management.
Division C - The areas that have vacancies are listed below:
Paediatric Emergency Department
Working in the co-located paediatric ED, you will experience life on the front line. You will be treating children from 0-16 and will be supported by the departments Practice Development Team. The hospital also provides advanced life support courses.
Division E – The areas that have vacancies are listed below:
Paediatric Oncology and Haematology
This is a great opportunity for newly qualified and experienced paediatric nurses, in both our inpatient and day unit areas looking after children aged 0-16 years, with Haematological and Oncological conditions at this Regional Treatment Centre. The inpatient area Ward C2 also cares for children with general medical conditions.
General Surgery/Ward D2, a busy 22 bedded general paediatric surgery ward, specialising in orthopaedics, neurosurgery and plastic surgery, to name a few specialities. Specialising in caring for children ages 0-16 years, this ward is where trauma and complex neurosurgical treatments are taken place.
Why work for this Hospital?
- Their values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- £1000 Welcome Subsidy on commencement and up to a further £3000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months’ rent, subject to eligibility
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)