You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - ICU
Are you a staff nurse looking to further your experience in critical care?
Our client in Cambridge is the largest and leading specialist cardiothoracic hospital in the UK and they are looking to expand their team of dedicated professionals. They are famous for pioneering a series of 'firsts' in heart and lung medicine – from the UK’s first successful heart transplant in 1979 to the world's first successful heart, lung and liver transplant in 1986. They provide patients with the best possible care through the excellence of caring and efficient staff. And have been voted outstanding by the CQC.
They are located in a bespoke, purpose-built hospital on the world-class Cambridge Biomedical Campus, with administrative services based in Huntingdon. Cambridge also comes with a lot of royal history which you can explore through the prestigious museums and library’s in the surrounding area.
- Using clinical knowledge/expertise, provide a high standard of skilled care to patients based on a full assessment of individual needs in consultation with the multi-professional team.
- In consultation with patients, family and the multi-professional team, devise and evaluate care plans based on the assessment process, with realistic nursing goals.
- Ensure due regard is given to customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients, carers and their relatives.
- Promote and role model effective communication within the multi-professional team.
- Act as a link nurse.
- Identify the learning needs of patients, relatives and staff and, in consultation with the ward/department manager, plan and implement programmes to meet those needs.
- Maintain accurate electronic and/or manual clinical, patient and other records, as appropriate, ensuring that all documentation adheres to the Trust’s standards.
- Registration with NMC
- Diploma in Nursing
- Proven evidence-based clinical practice
- Utilised reflective practice
- Knowledge of NMC Code of Conduct and professional practice guidance
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing within the clinical area
- Knowledge of clinical governance and quality
- Aware of cultural and social influences on health and of the importance of respecting diversity and differences
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Extensive retail discount scheme
- Subsidised restaurant
- Staff Recognition and Award Scheme
- Membership options available at Frank Lee Centre Leisure & Fitness (campus gym)
- Salary Sacrifice ‘Cycle to Work’ and ‘Car’ Scheme
- Enhanced pay progression for Band 5 nurses
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Flexible working