You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Trauma and Orthopaedic
If you are a staff nurse who is interested in trauma/orthopaedics this is a perfect opportunity for you. Our client in the heart of Bristol is looking for a staff nurse to assist on their 22-bed acute orthopaedic elderly trauma ward. The ward strives to promote a safe, calm and relaxed environment for patients and their relatives. They are committed to a Multi-disciplinary team approach, working to together to ensure that patients can maximize their potential and reducing length of stay.
Our clients trust is a dynamic and thriving group of hospitals in the heart of Bristol, a vibrant and culturally diverse city.
They have around 11,500 staff who deliver over 100 different clinical services across nine different sites. With services from the neonatal intensive care unit to care of the elderly, they provide care to the people of Bristol and the South West from the very beginning of life to its later stages.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In partnership with other professionals and disciplines, develop measurable patient care plans/goals. The process should include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to timely transfer or discharge.
• Take charge of the clinical needs of a group of defined patients on the ward /department prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
• Work towards regularly taking charge of the ward/department on occasion prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
• Delegate tasks and activities to a range of team members in relation to patient care (for example when taking charge or as link nurse)
• Ensure nursing documentation is maintained, accurate and timely in line with the Trust standard
• To demonstrate awareness and compliance with Trust policies, procedures, guidelines and standards. To work towards promoting this to others.
• Promote and maintain a safe environment for patient:
• Administer medicines in accordance with Trust policy.
• Promote a clean environment and the prevention of hospital acquired infection
• Respond positively and act promptly to resolve problems/issues for patients/carers, utilising complaints procedures and PALs where appropriate.
• Identify record and report all incidents/complaints involving staff, patients and visitors in accordance with the Trust policies and assist in any investigations as required.
• Assist with the smooth running of the clinical area by carrying out other duties such as unpacking stores, tidying and cleaning up equipment.
• RN.1st Level or relevant children’s qualification
• Current NMC registration
• Experience of caring for sick patients in a variety of settings – this could be as a student
• Good basic level of English language demonstrated through effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to solve problems and use initiative
• Ability to develop own clinical skills and a willingness to participate in continuing professional development
• Competency in medication administration including IV drug administration or willingness to undergo training
• Basic IT skills (e.g. Microsoft packages)
• Ability to take the lead, initiate and ensure appropriate action in response to the deteriorating patient
• Interpersonal skills – Calm Supportive Motivated Professional
• Willingness to develop teaching skills
• Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Able to manage difficult situations
• Awareness of audit & research
• Corporate Park & Ride bus season ticket
• Carpark Discounts
• Free shuttle bus
• NHS Pension Scheme
• Annual leave
• Exclusive local discounts
• My Trust Benefits
• The Grand Appeal lottery
• Charitable giving
• Avon Partnership Occupational Health Service
• Training, Learning & Development
• Counselling service
• Workplace Wellbeing Team
• Staff Side - trade unions
• Loyalty vouchers & retirement party
• Recognising Success Awards
• Total Reward Statement
If you are up for the challenge and would like to discuss it further, please contact me today.