Interested in A+E?
Our client in Bristol is looking for an A&E Nurse to join their team.
You will work with the ward sister/charge nurse and multidisciplinary team members in monitoring and maintaining policies, standards of nursing care and staff development, as part of the A&E
You will be working in a hospital that is dynamic and thriving. Set in the heart of Bristol - a vibrant and culturally diverse city. Recently granted ‘Outstanding’ for the second time in a row by the CQC, the Hospital is now regarded as one of the top to work for in the country.
Bristol is a beautiful, historic city - full of vibrancy, colour and life. Whether you're looking for shopping, eating out, culture, sport, leisure or any other of life's essentials, Bristol has it! It's with no surprise that with great architecture and impressive views, a host of unique cultural attractions and a fantastic range of places to eat and drink, the city welcomes millions of visitors every year.
- Current NMC Registration
- RGN.1st Level qualification
- Experience of caring for sick patients in a variety of settings – this could be as a student
- Good basic level of English language demonstrated through effective written and verbal communication skills.
Main duties as a A+E nurse?
- In partnership with other professionals and disciplines, develop measurable patient care plans/goals. The process should include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to timely transfer or discharge.
- Take charge of the clinical needs of a group of defined patients on the ward /department prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
- Work towards regularly taking charge of the ward/department on occasion prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
- Delegate tasks and activities to a range of team members in relation to patient care (for example when taking charge or as link nurse)
- Ensure nursing documentation is maintained, accurate and timely in line with the Trust standard
- To demonstrate awareness and compliance with Trust policies, procedures, guidelines and standards. To work towards promoting this to others.
- Promote and maintain a safe environment for patient:
- Administer medicines in accordance with Trust policy.
- Promote a clean environment and the prevention of hospital acquired infection
- Respond positively and act promptly to resolve problems/issues for patients/carers, utilising complaints procedures and PALs where appropriate.
- Corporate Park & Ride bus season ticket
- Carpark Discounts
- Free shuttle bus
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Annual leave
- Exclusive local discounts
- My Trust Benefits
- The Grand Appeal lottery
- Charitable giving
- Oral health check
- Physio Direct
- Working during pregnacy workshops
- Seasonal flu vaccinations
- Smoking Cessation Support
- getUbetter App
- Step into Health Programme
Does this role sound like something of interest? Make sure you apply today!