Are you looking to take your career to the next level.
If so, our client is looking for a Endoscopy nurse who is dedicated, enthusiastic and determined to join their hospital which is based in Bristol.
Their Endoscopy unit undertakes over 11,000 endoscopies each year and their list usually run between 8am – 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. They do not run night shifts in this unit however they have 2 evening shifts which finish at 8:30pm per week.
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Expected to undertake training for extended roles required by the ward / department. i.e IV drug administration, Cannulation, venepuncture, ECGs.
- Currently working in a hospital setting, as a Qualified Nurse or a Qualifying Student.
- Advanced communication skills, verbal and written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Able to work within a diverse community of patients and health care professionals.
Main duties as a Endoscopy Nurse.
- You must organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence-based nursing care.
- You will take regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high
- standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and
- You need to report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient’s condition or situation.
- You are responsible for taking charge of the ward/department on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
- You must take personal responsibility as a team leader for the delivery of care of patients in a defined area.
- You will have to contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary Ensure referral to appropriate professionals or agencies as required.
- Important that you ensure the safe ordering, administration and custody of patients’ medication according to Trust policies and procedures.
- You will make sure that in the absence of senior staff be responsible for delegation and supervision of appropriate work to other qualified staff, health care assistants and students.
- NHS Pension
- Childcare facilities
- Personal and Professional development.
- Staff discounted brochure and discount websites
- Staff lottery
Is this role something of interest? Make sure you apply today!