Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, we are excited to announce our client in Bristol are looking for a Scrub Nurse to join their hospital, they are looking for experienced and newly qualified candidates.
If you are looking to kick start your career then look no further, our client is a great NHS Trust in Bristol and are for you to willing to learn and develop your skills.
- Effective communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and multidisciplinary team.
- Effective computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service.
- Ability to undertake shift work (flexible options available)
- Contribution to team development
- Sound knowledge of the guidelines set out in the NMC / HCPC code of professional conduct and current perioperative issues
- Excellent organisational skills, proven ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure
- You need to demonstrate a sound understanding of scrub and circulating roles and the responsibilities in these roles.
- Important that you are competent in all aspects of scrub / circulating technique and procedures.
- Must participate in all safety procedures including safety briefings and WHIO Safer Surgery checklist, swab needle and instrument counts, management of clinical specimens etc.
- Must have work as a skilled member of the perioperative team, and be responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where operative / invasive procedures are performed.
- You would have run theatre lists both efficiently and competently following policies and procedures.
- You must take responsibility in ensuring the safe, effective and efficient management of allocated resources within scrub / circulating areas including assisting with the planning of daily allocation of team members.
- Important to be responsible for the care and maintenance of all instrumentation, equipment and consumable goods within your designated area. This responsibility will extend to all areas of the scrub / circulating service and to inform the appropriate person of any stock/equipment requirements.
- Important that you take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy and participate in the ordering and training of new equipment
- You will ensure that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored.
- Must supervise the work of junior and unqualified colleagues in the assessment of patients and advise appropriately, providing specialist knowledge in assessing and interpreting acute and other patients conditions.
- You will support Theatre Managers in developing and reviewing policies and standards for the safe use of equipment and substances hazardous to health in the department.
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Facilities
- Personal and Professional Development
- Staff Discount Brochure and Discounts Websites
- Staff Lottery
If this role is something you are interested in, then make sure you apply today and call T2 Healthcare!