You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - ICU
Are you looking to further your career as an ICU nurse within a well-established NHS trust?
One of our clients based in Bristol is looking for a new ICU nurse to join their team of dedicated professionals. Whether you’re well experienced or newly qualified there is a place for you in this team.
They aim to deliver exceptional healthcare for all their patients, carers and visitors to ensure their care is of the highest quality and their patients are treated with respect and dignity. They also aim to provide high standards of care that can be comparable to the best in the world.
Their Intensive Care Unit is a purpose-built state of the art 48-bedded unit within one of the UK’s first £450 million super-hospitals, achieving excellent outcomes including some of the highest trauma survival rates in the country.
Bristol is widely considered to be the capital of the South West—and is regularly voted as one of the best places to live in the UK. The city has its feet firmly in the 21st century, with an impressive history to match. Whether it's culture, shopping, eating out, sport, or any other of life's essentials, you'll find them there.
- Take responsibility for the personal care of the critically ill patient within the Intensive Care
- Unit by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care.
- Ensure Trust Policies and Procedures are known and followed.
- Assist in the management, care and safe use of specialist equipment. Ensure the availability of supplies in accordance with ICU policy.
- Recommend and practice acceptable economies for the promotion of an effective and efficient nursing service.
- Arrange safe transfer or discharge of patients and plan the patients’ after care with appropriate staff, if required.
- Work within the multi-professional team, implement care programmes / packages.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients and unit visitors are treated with courtesy always and the individual needs of the patients are respected.
- Ensure the safe custody of patients’ valuables and property.
- Participate and contribute to delegated roles, under the supervision of a senior clinical ICU Nurse.
- Provide supervision of junior staff as well as support for senior staff in the clinical setting.
- Refer to and advise other disciplines to support delivery of care e.g. physiotherapists, stoma nurses.
- Provide advice, support and recommendations to other departments on patients care and conditions
- NMC Registration RGN Part 1
- Ability to supervise and teach pre-registration learner nurses
- Proven professional development
- Requirement to maintain up to date mandatory training.
- Post registration experience in an acute setting or has had a placement in ICU as a preregistration student.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Ability to work within a multi-professional team.
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational and analytical skills
- Accurate physical, technical and mental skills
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Facilities
- Personal and Professional Development
- Staff Discount Brochure and Discounts Websites
- Staff Lottery