You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Staff Nurse - Neurosurgery
Are you a registered nurse looking to further your career in Neurosurgery?
Our client in Bristol is looking for a registered nurse to work in their Stroke rehabilitation and Neurology department.
They are based at Southmead, Bristol’s flagship hospital; their neurosurgery unit offers three state-of-the-art neurosurgical theatres, with one theatre dedicated to emergency procedures. Their team features 13 highly specialised consultants, who were the first in the UK to adopt software-based integrated theatres in which data and images are called up at the touch of a screen.
Whether it's culture, shopping, eating out, sport, or any other of life's essentials, you'll find them in Bristol. Bristol welcomes over nine million visitors every year, and this is little wonder when you consider the city’s outstanding cultural attractions close by.
- Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence-based nursing care.
- Take regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies.
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient’s condition or situation.
- Responsible for taking charge of the ward/department on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
- Take personal responsibility as a team leader for the delivery of care of patients in a defined area.
- To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary Ensure referral to appropriate professionals or agencies as required.
- Ensure the safe ordering, administration and custody of patients’ medication according to Trust policies and procedures.
- In the absence of senior staff be responsible for delegation and supervision of appropriate work to other qualified staff, health care assistants and students
- Where relevant to be responsible for and assist in co-ordinating discharge planning in partnership with the multidisciplinary team
- Where relevant, responsible for the admission, assessment and preparation of patients undergoing treatment or investigations.
- Escort patients to other wards or departments as required.
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Liase effectively with other disciplines or departments as appropriate.
- To be able to act in emergency situations and to be familiar with emergency procedures including fire and resuscitation. To be responsible for the support and direction of junior staff in such situations according to Trust policy.
- To be responsible for ensuring provision of a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients, relatives, visitors and colleagues.
- Registered nurse with current NMC licence to practice.
- Evidence of continued professional development i.e. a professional portfolio and participation in appraisal and development review.
- To have achieved a recognised teaching & assessing qualification.
- Completion of training for additional clinical skills required in the ward/department i.e. IV drug administration/cannulation & venepuncture/male catheterisation/training to monitor and change syringes for epidural & PCA syringe drivers. ECG training.
- Green card training for the use of pumps or machinery relevant to the ward or department. Evidence of attendance at mandatory training appropriate to the role.
- Competence in the use of computers and electronic communication systems or expectation to develop existing skills further as the needs of the service dictate.
- Evidence of an ability to critically appraise and utilise research to maintain and improve patient care. Sound knowledge of health promotion issues to ensure junior staff, patients and carers are provided with education, support and advice as required.
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Facilities
- Personal and Professional Development
- Staff Discount Brochure and Discounts Websites
- Staff Lottery