You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Speech and Language Therapist
Are you a Speech and Language Therapist, who is looking to join a therapy team that make a difference and changes lives for the better?
T2 Healthcare are working in partnership with one of the most established and successful private mental health organisations in the country. Together we aim to bring together the best professionals in the industry to make a real difference for individuals with complex mental health needs.
Job Role: Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: Up to £40,000
Hours: 37.5 Full Time
Patient Type: Men with ASD and/or learning disabilities – secure environment
- Registered with the HCPD
- Experience of managing a caseload and involving assessment and treatment of dysphagia
- Previously worked with families
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- To demonstrate specialist skills in dealing with complex cases, cultural and linguistic differences, and to generate appropriate strategies for caseload management.
- To be involved in undertaking audit and contributing to research in the provision of treatments.
- To provide specialist assessment, differential diagnosis and appropriate, clearly planned SLT intervention and discharge planning for people with a wide range of disorders within the service, in line with empirical research and RCSLT Clinical Guidelines.
- To demonstrate specialist knowledge in the areas of acquired communication and swallowing disorders underpinned by current evidence-based practice.
- To adapt assessment and intervention techniques to the needs of the individual people, including the use of augmentative and alternative communication systems.
- To contribute to the assessment and information-gathering regarding service users’ mental capacity and ability to give informed consent with support from senior colleagues, and to assist service user's to maximise their independence in decision-making and communicating their wishes.
- To work closely with all appropriate agencies and multidisciplinary colleagues to ensure comprehensive management of service users’ SLT needs, providing written and verbal reports as appropriate, enabling all parties involved to fully understand the nature of the service user's communication and swallowing disorders.
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) – plus your birthday off!
- Free Meals on Duty and Parking
- Wellbeing Support and Activities
- Career Development and Training
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- Retail Discounts & Special Offers