You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Infection Prevention and Control Lead
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, our client has now got an exciting opening for a Infection Prevention and Control Lead to join their team. They are looking for a an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled nurse to come in and hit the ground running.
Our client is a leading healthcare provider which has a network of hospitals and is based in Bedford.
This role is 22.5 hours a week.
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner).
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent).
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that hospital
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls.
- Presentation skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital, and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- Taking accountability for infection prevention all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- Ensuring compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
- To ensure environmental cleaning is sufficient and appropriate to the level of risk in each area of the hospital in partnership with housekeeping department.
- To provide comment and advice on the purchase, introduction and use of equipment in relation to IPC issues.
- To support the local Waste Officer in all waste management but especially in the management of the clinical waste stream.
- Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!